- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
Casa Dante Review
If you're curious about mofongo—green plantains mashed with garlic and pork fat and filled with just about anything imaginable—head here for a stomach- and soul-satisfying version. Casa Dante offers four different types of the Puerto Rican specialty, including a noteworthy pinto version, blending both green and sweet plantains. Customers can then choose from various cuts of chicken, beef, or any combination of seafood. The restaurant's claim to fame is its excellent churrasco with chimichurri, which owner Dante Marini sells 25,000 pounds of each year. Vegetarian options are available.
- Address: 3022 Av. Isla Verde, Isla Verde, San Juan, 00979
- Phone: 787/726–7310
- Location: San Juan
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more