San Juan Experience
Undulating waves of glass and steel form the facade of the Puerto Rico Convention Center, a futuristic meeting place that opened in San Juan in 2006. Locals tout the statistics, such as the fact that the facility's 580,000 square feet make it the largest meeting space in the Caribbean. But it's the eye-catching design—the architects call it "techno-tropic"—that has drawn raves. Located on what was once a naval base in the aptly christened Convention District, it is convenient to Miramar, Condado, and Old San Juan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's