San Juan Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Take a stroll: Wander the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan—the fortifications and governor's mansion are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Climb a battlement: Explore Castillo San Felipe del Morro, the 16th-century fortress that dominates the waterfront; rangers provide a fascinating insight.
Shop: Head to Condado's Avenida Ashford, where you'll find most of the city's designer boutiques, including that of Nono Maldonado, one of the island's homegrown design talents.
Catch some rays: Balneario de Carolina, at the eastern tip of Isla Verde, is San Juan's best beach. Take time to parasail.
Dine on the strip: Dine at Marmalade, just one of many stellar restaurants along the eastern end of Calle Fortaleza, a strip so trendy that locals call it "SoFo."
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe