Hiking in San Juan
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Yunque is the only tropical rain forest within the U.S. National Forest System. The park is officially known as the Bosque Nacional del Caribe (Caribbean National Forest) and is within easy striking distance of San Juan, about an hour's drive east.
Eco Action Tours. Eco Action Tours organizes a variety of hikes and excursions throughout the island, including in El Yunque. 1035 Av. Ashford, Condado, San Juan, 00907. 787/791-7509. www.ecoactiontours.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% Off Couples Barbados
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- $399 & up -- Intercontinental San Juan Escape, 3 Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore