Fodor's Puerto Rico
El Toro de Piedra
El Toro de Piedra Review
Near the Mirador Piedra Degetau, this hilltop restaurant has a stunning panoramic view of Aibonito. At night you can see the lights of the city through the floor-to-ceiling windows, and dinner guests frequently remark how romantic it is. Servings of the comida criolla (homestyle Puerto Rican food) are generous. Try one of the mofongos rellenos (mashed plantains, stuffed with your choice of meat, chicken, or seafood), or a churrasco steak, served with fried plantains on the side.
- Address: Rte. 7718, Km 0.8, Aibonito, 00705
- Phone: 787/735–1034
- Location: Yabucoa to Aibonito
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. & Tue. No dinner Mon.–Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more