Ode to The Elephants
Ode to The Elephants Review
Tucked away on a hilltop, Ode to The Elephants offers a wonderful selection of reasonably priced Thai dishes. The main courses have a one-to-five-star spice rating ranging from mild to very hot. If you choose too boldly, the server will bring over a surprisingly tasty milk-based tea that will magically bring your taste buds back to normal. Most dishes can be served with either chicken, vegetable, shrimp, or tofu. There is both indoor and outdoor seating on the wooden deck. Co-owner Clay Burnsed is a master martini mixologist. His love for the craft shines through in his well-balanced, creative martinis. Choose from cucumber, ginger tea, watermelon, and piña colada. The special during our visit was the mandarin martini with fresh-squeezed juice and passion-fruit rum—a spectacular cocktail! Reservations are not accepted for parties fewer than 10, and weekends get packed. Stop in on Thursday night for $5 martinis. For your main dish, go for the daily special.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's