- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Villa Vista Puerto
At a Glance
- Unique design
- private setting
- major discounts for long term stay
- Mosquitoes during rainy season
- cash only
- owner's pets roam the property
Villa Vista Puerto Review
An adventurer's gem, this secluded retreat on 3 lush acres was hand-built by its owner. Perched on a hillside, the main house has a spectacular view and is equipped with a spacious kitchen, bathhouse, and jungle shower. The character-rich smaller cabana is a teepee-like structure crowned with a hexagonal roof that opens for ventilation and light. Although there is air-conditioning, the building is also cooled by fans within the walls that draw air from the adjacent man-made pond. Here, Robinson Crusoe meets eco-lodge with innovative touches like driftwood furnishings, pebble-strewn flooring, sisal matting, and solar-heated showers. At the base of the property is a more affordable cabana with tarp walls and a "luxury tent" where breezes blow from the valley below.
- Address: Going south on Rte. 100, take a right on 308, left on 307, 1st right after baseball field, and 1st right at "PPV" sign, Cabo Rojo, 00623
- Phone: 787/255–4144
- Website: www.caborojopr.com/vistapuerto.html
- Location: Cabo Rojo
- 1 house, 2 cabanas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've updated my website with this latest trip report: http://islandtime.homestead.com/Spanish-Virgin-Islands.html Read more
Husband and I took the El Yunque Rainforest tour recently. Read more
My husband and I usually travel to Isla Mujeres, MX every October. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more