- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
Villa Vista Puerto
At a Glance
- Unique design
- private setting
- major discounts for long term stay
- Mosquitoes during rainy season
- cash only
- owner's pets roam the property
Check Rates from our Partners
Villa Vista Puerto Review
An adventurer's gem, this secluded retreat on 3 lush acres was hand-built by its owner. Perched on a hillside, the main house has a spectacular view and is equipped with a spacious kitchen, bathhouse, and jungle shower. The character-rich smaller cabana is a teepee-like structure crowned with a hexagonal roof that opens for ventilation and light. Although there is air-conditioning, the building is also cooled by fans within the walls that draw air from the adjacent man-made pond. Here, Robinson Crusoe meets eco-lodge with innovative touches like driftwood furnishings, pebble-strewn flooring, sisal matting, and solar-heated showers. At the base of the property is a more affordable cabana with tarp walls and a "luxury tent" where breezes blow from the valley below.
- Address: Going south on Rte. 100, take a right on 308, left on 307, 1st right after baseball field, and 1st right at "PPV" sign, Cabo Rojo, 00623
- Phone: 787/255–4144
- Website: www.caborojopr.com/vistapuerto.html
- Location: Cabo Rojo
- 1 house, 2 cabanas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more