- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
The colorful neon sign outside this restaurant touts its signature dish of mofongo as: "An earthenware goblet overflowing with mashed plantains and seafood." It comes in two sizes, but the smaller one is usually enough to satisfy all but the biggest appetites. There are plenty of other seafood dishes on the menu, from red snapper in a spicy sauce to lobster with butter. Although most come here for the fish, the restaurant also serves beef, pork, and chicken. There's no ocean view, but the elegant dining makes up for it.
- Address: Rte. 102, Km 13.6, Joyuda, 00623
- Phone: 787/851–2976
- Location: Joyuda
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more