Rincón and the Porta del Sol Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
Plan Your Rincón and the Porta del Sol Vacation
The "Gateway to the Sun" is how tourism officials describe the island's western coast. Unlike the area around San Juan, the Porta del Sol is relatively undiscovered. Even around Rincón, which has the lion's share of the lodgings, the beaches are delightfully deserted. And in places like Aguadilla and Isabela, two sleepy towns on the northwestern corner of the island, it's easy to find a stretch of shoreline all to yourself.
The western part of the island near Rincón has a variety of hotels, from furnished villas geared toward families to beachfront hotels ideal for honeymooners...read more
If you like seafood, you're in the right place. Throughout northwestern Puerto Rico you'll find wonderful criollo (creole) cuisine. Most local eateries...read more
Things To Do in Rincón and the Porta del Sol
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more