- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For the most part, the south is safe. You won't encounter big-city crime, but you should take a few simple precautions. Don't wear flashy jewelry outside of tourist areas. Keep an eye on your belongings at the beach, and don't leave valuables locked in your car for all to see. Avoid out-of-the-way beach areas after dark.
General Emergencies (911.)
Hospital de la Concepción (41 Calle Luna, San Germán, 00683. 787/892–1860.)
Hospital de Damas (2213 Ponce Bypass Rd., Villa Grillasca, Ponce, 00730. 787/840-8686.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's