- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
El Balcón de Capitán
El Balcón de Capitán Review
This meson gastronómico, hidden among a string of oceanfront seafood restaurants south of the center in the Playa de Salinas area, is one of the most respected on Puerto Rico's southern coast. Sit in either the open-air patio or air-conditioned dining room and bar and sample specialties like mofongo relleno de mariscos (seafood-stuffed plantains) or the many preparations of mahi-mahi, red snapper, arrayao, octopus, lobster, or conch. The paella with seafood is a house specialty.
- Address: Rte. 701, Playa de Salinas, Salinas, 00751
- Phone: 787/824–6210
- Location: Salinas
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
Hello, I am a female in m early 40's. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more