- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
La Ceiba Review
The highway leading to Coama is lined by dozens of fast-food restaurants. Luckily, there are a few family-owned eateries worth stopping for, one of the best of which is this open-air cantina. You'll find the usual mofongo with chicken or beef, as well as some interesting Puerto Rican dishes like fried pork or red snapper stuffed with seafood. The menu features a variety of fish as well as lobster, shrimp and octopus. If you are a fan of cheesecake, the chef makes eight different flavors (the pistachio is delicious). World-class margaritas are served at the bar.
- Address: Rte. 153, Km. 13, Coamo, 00769
- Phone: 787/825–2299
- Location: Coamo
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
Hello, I am a female in m early 40's. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more