- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
Coamo Springs Resort
At a Glance
- Relaxing atmosphere
- pleasant staff
- Uninteresting room decor
- pools could be cleaner
Check Rates from our Partners
Coamo Springs Resort Review
On weekends, musicians wander around the central courtyard of this rustic country inn. Simple, rather worn rooms—in four two-story buildings that date to the mid-1970s—have soaring ceilings and open onto latticed, wooden verandahs. Thermal water flows from natural springs into a swimming pool a few steps up from a cool-water pool, where you can still see walls built for the original resort that date back to 1847. The oldest building still intact is the 19th-century dining room, now an international restaurant that serves huge portions of tasty churrasco (skirt steak) along with rice and beans. Note: at the time of this update, the hotel was undergoing a renovation, set to be completed in 2012.
- Address: Rte. 546, Km 1, Coamo, 00769
- Phone: 787/825–2186; 787/825–2239
- Location: Coamo
- 48 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
Hello, I am a female in m early 40's. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more