- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diving & Snorkeling
Endangered leatherback turtles, eels, and an occasional manatee can be seen from many of the sites that attract divers and snorkelers from all parts. There are more than 50 shore-dive sites off La Parguera, including the famous Black Wall that starts out at 60 feet and then suddenly drops 200 into a vast canyon.
Paradise Scuba. Paradise Scuba offers classes and trips, including night-snorkeling excursions in phosphorescent waters. Divers will enjoy the 150-foot vertical drop at the Black Wall, considered one of the most spectacular dive sites in Puerto Rico. Their most popular package is the sunset snorkel tour, which includes snacks, drinks, and a trip to the phosphorescent bay. Hostal Casa Blanca, Rte. 304, Km 3.5, La Parguera, 00667. 787/899–7611. www.paradisescubasnorkelingpr.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving & Snorkeling
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's