Water Sports in Río Grande
Dragonfly Adventures. You can rent sea kayaks ($25/hour for single-person kayaks, $35 and $45 for two- and three-person models, respectively) and arrange off-site scuba-diving excursions or full- and half-day snorkeling packages through on-site operator Dragonfly Adventures. Large catamaran snorkeling trips leave from the resort for the calm, crystal-blue seas, beautiful coral reefs, and deserted islands off the coast of northeastern Puerto Rico. Rates begin at $115 per person, including a buffet lunch, limited open bar, and snacks. A Dragonfly Adventures tour desk is also available on-site at the Gran Meliá, also in Río Grande. Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort, 6000 Río Mar Blvd., Río Grande, 00745. 787/888–6000. www.wyndhamriomar.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's