La Muralla Review
The rangers at El Yunque swear by this place, a cement-block building painted yellow and green just past Cascada La Coca. You won't find a cheaper meal anywhere in Puerto Rico, that's for sure. Pasteles (a local tamale-like snack) with rice and beans are served year-round for $6, and arroz y habichuelas con pollo (rice and beans with chicken) is a steal at less than $5. After a long hike, be sure to order one of the fruit shakes to quench your thirst, and take in the unusual artwork in the open-air dining room. Get here early, as the place closes at 5 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's