- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
When it comes to Mexican food, this place is the real deal. For lunch, grab a few tacos, soft or crispy, for a mere $1.75 each. For dinner, try the carne tampiqueña (marinated skirt steak), enchiladas suizas (enchiladas in a mild green sauce), or mole con pollo (chicken in a spicy sauce laced with chocolate). There's a reason why devoted travelers have been returning for more than a decade. Generous portions are washed down with oversize margaritas. Or choose froma a large selection of Mexican beers. The pleasant dining room, decorated with slightly kitschy paintings of simple village life, is on the second floor of a building just east of Luquillo. Very sparse parking can be tricky.
- Address: Rte. 3, Km 41.3, Luquillo, 00773
- Phone: 787/889–5770; 787/889–0250
- Location: Luquillo
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
Its been suggested that staying in Old San Juan is a must for nightlife -- but my friends and I (mid-twenties) still want to stay on a beach resort~ where would be a good place to stay in order to compromise? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more