- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
When it comes to Mexican food, this place is the real deal. For lunch, grab a few tacos, soft or crispy, for a mere $1.75 each. For dinner, try the carne tampiqueña (marinated skirt steak), enchiladas suizas (enchiladas in a mild green sauce), or mole con pollo (chicken in a spicy sauce laced with chocolate). There's a reason why devoted travelers have been returning for more than a decade. Generous portions are washed down with oversize margaritas. Or choose froma a large selection of Mexican beers. The pleasant dining room, decorated with slightly kitschy paintings of simple village life, is on the second floor of a building just east of Luquillo. Very sparse parking can be tricky.
- Address: Rte. 3, Km 41.3, Luquillo, 00773
- Phone: 787/889–5770; 787/889–0250
- Location: Luquillo
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more