- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The approach to Piñones from San Juan is simple. Take Route 26 east or Route 37 east, follow signs for the Balneario de Carolina, then go straight on Route 187, and cross Punta Cangrejos. Door to door, the trip should take about 15 minutes. You can also get a taxi out to Piñones or take the bus for about 75¢ (via C45 or B40), but it takes more than an hour. To avoid getting stranded, prearrange a pickup time for your taxi driver to return. Another option is to make Soleil Beach Club your destination. Yes, it's one of the priciest beachfront restaurants in Piñones, but it offers a complimentary shuttle for pickup and drop-off, which helps avoid the risks of drinking and driving.
AA American Taxi, Inc.. AA American Taxi, Inc. 787/982-3466.
Astro Taxi (787/727-8888.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's