- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The approach to Piñones from San Juan is simple. Take Route 26 east or Route 37 east, follow signs for the Balneario de Carolina, then go straight on Route 187, and cross Punta Cangrejos. Door-to-door, the trip should take about 15 minutes. You can also get a taxi out to Piñones or take the bus for about 75¢ (via C45 or B40) but it takes more than an hour. To avoid getting stranded, prearrange a pickup time for your taxi driver to return. Another option is to make Soleil Beach Club your destination. Yes, it's one of the priciest beachfront restaurants in Piñones, but it offers a complimentary shuttle for pickup and drop-off, which helps avoid the risks of drinking and driving.
AA American Taxi, Inc. AA American Taxi, Inc. 787/982-3466.
Astro Taxi (787/727-8888.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- $129 -- Puerto Rico: San Juan Beachfront Resort, 40% Off El San Juan Resort & Casino
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore