Diving and Fishing Trips in Piñones
Diving and Fishing Trips
Locals go fishing and crabbing right off the coast, and it's likely that the crab fritters you eat in any beachfront shack are local as well.
Cangrejos Yacht Club. Charter-operated boating, deep-sea fishing, and scuba-diving trips are run out of the marina right below the bridge from Isla Verde. Call the yacht club to be referred to a captain who is appropriate for your trip. Rte. 187, Km 3.8, Piñones, 00914. 787/791–1015. www.cangrejosyachtclub.com.
Puerto Rico Angling. At Puerto Rico Angling, José Campos and his son run full- and half-day deep-sea fishing trips for up to six people for catch like tuna, wahoo, and dorado. They also offer fishing trips through the area's lagoon system. All charters practice tag and release. Piñones. 787/724–2079. www.puertoricofishing.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's