- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diving and Fishing Trips
Locals go fishing and crabbing right off the coast, and it's likely that the crab fritters you eat in any beachfront shack are local as well.
Cangrejos Yacht Club. Boating, deep-sea fishing, and scuba-diving trips are run out of the marina right below the bridge from Isla Verde. Cangrejos Yacht Club is open Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5 and Sunday from 10 to 3. Rte. 187, Km 3.8, Piñones, 00914. 787/791-1015. www.cangrejosyachtclub.com.
Puerto Rico Angling. At Puerto Rico Angling, José Campos and his son run full- and half-day deep-sea fishing trips for up to six people for catch like tuna, wahoo and dorado. They also offer fishing trips through the area's lagoon system. All charters practice tag and release. Piñones. 787/724-2079. www.puertoricofishing.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Diving and Fishing Trips
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $173 -- Barbados All-Inclusive Resort w/Air Credit, 55% Off Couples Barbados
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- $399 & up -- Intercontinental San Juan Escape, 3 Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore