- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The area's big outdoor attraction is a bike path that follows the swaying coconut palms on a quiet, breezy stretch, sometimes crossing over the main roadway but mostly running parallel to it. Along most of its 7 mi (12 km), it's a wooden boardwalk for bicycles. On weekends and holidays you can rent bikes from several places along Route 187 and explore the path on your own. The going rate is $5 per hour. Many are clustered at the start of the bike trail, at the first left once you cross the bridge into Piñones.
COPI (Cultural and Ecotouristic Center of Piñones). Bike rentals are available to explore the Piñones Bicycle Trail in the Piñones State Forest and Nature Reserve. Rentals, including helmets for children and adults, bicycles baby seats, and double-bikes require a donation of $5. Be sure to check your equipment before you set out; some bikes are in better condition than others. Rte. 187, Km 4.2, Piñones, 00772. 787/253-9707. www.copipr.com. 9-5.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199 -- AAA 5-Diamond Cancun Beachfront Resort, 40% Off JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- $129 -- Puerto Rico: San Juan Beachfront Resort, 40% Off El San Juan Resort & Casino
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore