El Yunque and the Northeast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Take a hike: Take in the spectacular waterfalls of El Yunque, the only rain forest within the U.S. National Forest system.
Take a dip: Relax at the Balneario de Luquillo, one of the prettiest beaches in Puerto Rico and a family favorite.
Take a seat: Hang with locals at one of the dozens of outdoor seafood shacks on the highway before you get to the Balneario de Luquillo. There are at least 50 to choose from.
Hit the links: Tee off at the tree-lined fairways of the two good golf courses at Palmas del Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $427 & up -- All-Inclusive Virgin Island Yacht Club Resort Bitter End Yacht Club
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971 On the Rocks Villa
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean American Express Travel
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore