El Yunque and the Northeast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Take a hike: Take in the spectacular waterfalls of El Yunque, the only rain forest within the U.S. National Forest system.
Take a dip: Relax at the Balneario de Luquillo, one of the prettiest beaches in Puerto Rico and a family favorite.
Take a seat: Hang with locals at one of the dozens of outdoor seafood shacks on the highway before you get to the Balneario de Luquillo. There are at least 60 to choose from.
Hit the links: Tee off at the tree-lined fairways of the area's many excellent golf courses, especially those at the St. Regis Bahia Beach and Palmas del Mar resorts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe