- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gourmet Gardens Review
This tranquil, secluded spot—a classic gingerbread chattel-house replica echoing the adjacent historic buildings of the former Olveston estate—fulfills more than half the name's promise. There are few more delightful experiences than relaxing on Mariet's verandah amid a virtual botanical garden or beneath the huge, shady tamarind tree. Lunches are excellent value, but Sunday brunch is the winner (scrumptious eggs Benedict). "Gourmet" is a slight exaggeration, but the all-homemade global menu more than satisfies most palates and wallets. Specialties include stroganoff, chicken cordon bleu, Wiener schnitzel, shrimp stir-fry, and any dessert (try the chocolate mousse or cheesecake).
- Address: Olveston
- Phone: 664/491–7859
- Location: Montserrat
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My Trip report on the Island of Montserrat. Read more
I thought I'd try something different for this trip report...writing some while I am relaxing on a verandah of villa in Montserrat overlooking our Caribbean blue pool, the ocean, the island of Nevis and Read more
Could anyone recommend a place to study French in the francophone Caribbean? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more