Nightlife & the Arts in Montserrat
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although Montserrat is better known for another kind of wildlife, Friday-night revelers lime in roadside rum shops scattered around the island, often spilling out on the street as part of the informal evening culture. There's no closing time, and many bars serve yummy, authentic local food. Salem is party central (the roadside sign says, "Welcome to fun and revelry"). Little Bay is being developed as the island capital (the government will remain in Brades); in season the Hot Spot is a collection of a dozen watering holes between the "town" and Cultural Center; Festival City is another gathering of bars.
Browse Montserrat Nightlife
Browse Montserrat Nightlife By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe