- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Foyall Review
At this versatile place on the main drag, you can choose your experience. Downstairs is like a brasserie or a gastropub, while upstairs, at Le Cesaire, things are more refined, elegant, and expensive.There is seating on a covered terrace with a view of the sea, but the traffic, noise, and dust make it a bad choice. For a light lunch there are many possibilities, including a crepe with shrimp in coconut sauce and a small salad, smoked marlin, fried Camembert with jam and nuts, and a perfect burger. If you want to go with something more substantial, and creative, there's local octopus with green papaya and passion-fruit sauce or duck in a citrusy sauce. Some waiters speak English, and most are fun and helpful. Foyall serves all day and into the late night, even on Sundays. Try sitting at the bar; it's fun and for a lot of French expats, this is their "Cheers."
- Address: Bord de Mer, 38 rue de Ernest Proges, Fort-de-France, 97200
- Phone: 0596/63–00–38
- Location: Martinique
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more