- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Plein Soleil Restaurant
Le Plein Soleil Restaurant Review
Perennially popular with the chic set, Le Plein Soleil has a smashing contemporary, Creole look. But it's the inventive, beautifully executed menu that cements its well-deserved reputation. It continues to draw applause for the use of the latest techniques from France coupled with remarkable twists on local products. Take a long and leisurely lunch (€35) on the terrace, which has a hilltop sea view; by night the mood is romantic, the service fine, the music heady. Soups are like a mixed-media collage. A velouté can be the canvas for a ravioli made of foie gras or pineapple. For the evening's three-course prix fixe dinner (€45), a thick tuna steak roasted with lemon confit and stacked on mushroom risotto might be the main. At dinner, guests can choose from five main courses, two of which are fresh lobster and a steak. A memorable finale is a basil custard topped with a red berry coulis. On Sunday nights a tapas menu is available.
- Address: Hôtel Le Plein Soleil, Pointe Thalèmont, Le François, 97240
- Phone: 0596/38–07–77
- Location: Martinique
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch Mon., Tues., and Thurs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more