- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Plein Soleil Restaurant
Le Plein Soleil Restaurant Review
Perennially popular with the chic set, Le Plein Soleil has a smashing contemporary, Creole look. But it's the inventive, beautifully executed menu that cements its well-deserved reputation. It continues to draw applause for the use of the latest techniques from France coupled with remarkable twists on local products. Take a long and leisurely lunch (€35) on the terrace, which has a hilltop sea view; by night the mood is romantic, the service fine, the music heady. Soups are like a mixed-media collage. A velouté can be the canvas for a ravioli made of foie gras or pineapple. For the evening's three-course prix fixe dinner (€45), a thick tuna steak roasted with lemon confit and stacked on mushroom risotto might be the main. At dinner, guests can choose from five main courses, two of which are fresh lobster and a steak. A memorable finale is a basil custard topped with a red berry coulis. On Sunday nights a tapas menu is available.
- Address: Hôtel Le Plein Soleil, Pointe Thalèmont, Le François, 97240
- Phone: 0596/38–07–77
- Location: Martinique
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch Mon., Tues., and Thurs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had the fortunate opportunity to spend nine days in Bermuda in early November. Read more
Just back from a wonderfully relaxing November getaway to Aruba. Read more
Could anyone recommend a place to study French in the francophone Caribbean? Read more
· News & Features
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world. ... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more