- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Fleur de Sel
Fleur de Sel Review
Everything comes together in this 19th-century maison bourgeoise—the cuisine, the music, the location, the service. The talented chef-owner, Damien Pelé, is from France and has worked in some top spots in Martinique, as well as five-star hotels and prestigious restaurants all over Europe and the Caribbean. The ambience is relaxed, the service personalized, and the cuisine sophisticated. The interesting clientele is a mix of locals and tourists (even some kids—children's plates are €10.) Sailors tie up their dinghies close by. They all applaud Damien's innovations like his cheeseburger in paradise—a conch burger with a "pancake" made with pumpkin, curry, mozzarella, and a wasabi/soy cream. The menu changes every three months; if you chance upon the rhubarb and mascarpone cream with a ginger coulis and chocolate crumbles, it will be a blissful ending.
- Address: 27 ave. de l'Impératrice Josephine, Les Trois-Ilets, 97229
- Phone: 0596/68–42–11
- Location: Martinique
- No lunch (except for brunch during January/February.) Closed Sun in low season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew to St. Read more
Heads up-I recently rented a jeep from Best Deal car rental, also known as Ace. Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more