- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are often yachts moored offshore in these calm waters. This long stretch of beach can be particularly fun on Sunday. Small, family-owned seaside restaurants are half-hidden among palm trees and are footsteps from the lapping waves. Nearly all offer grilled lobster and some form of music on weekends, perhaps a zouk band. Inexpensive waterfront hotels line the clean, golden beach, which has excellent snorkeling just offshore. Chaise longues are available for rent from hotels for about €7, and there are also usually vendors on weekends. When you get to Pointe du Bout, take a left at the yellow office of Budget Rent-A-Car, then the next left up a hill, and park near the little white church. Amenities: food and drink. Best for: partiers; snorkeling; swimming; walking.
- Address: Pointe du Bout, Les Trois-Ilets, 97229
- Location: Martinique
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more