- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Colibri Review
Gregarious Joel Paladino is lovingly continuing a family culinary tradition with this little local spot in the island's northeastern reaches. You'll be impressed by the ocean views as well as the cuisine that his twin sisters prepare. Begin with deep-green callaloo soup with crab or delicious conch pie, then move on to grilled lobster with a christophine gratin (assuming you don't mind the splurge) or the rabbit baked with prunes (if you do). Some of the traditional creole dishes, such as stuffed pigeon with coconut sauce, conch fricassee, and cochon au lait (suckling pig), are favorites for Sunday lunch. The restaurant is in the house and you have to walk through the yard, etc. but the food is authentic, and the warm hospitality genuine.
- Address: 4 rue des Colibris, Morne-des-Esses, Ste-Marie, 97220
- Phone: 0596/69–91–95
- Location: Martinique
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more