Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Le Colibri Review
Gregarious Joel Paladino is lovingly continuing a family culinary tradition with this little local spot in the island's northeastern reaches. You'll be impressed by the ocean views as well as the cuisine that his twin sisters prepare. Begin with deep-green callaloo soup with crab or delicious conch pie, then move on to grilled lobster with a christophine gratin (assuming you don't mind the splurge) or the rabbit baked with prunes (if you do). Some of the traditional creole dishes, such as stuffed pigeon with coconut sauce, conch fricassee, and cochon au lait (suckling pig), are favorites for Sunday lunch. The restaurant is in the house and you have to walk through the yard, etc. but the food is authentic, and the warm hospitality genuine.
- Address: 4 rue des Colibris, Morne-des-Esses, Ste-Marie, 97220
- Phone: 0596/69–91–95
- Location: Martinique
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you so much for the advice in planning my St. John trip. I had pasted the thread into a document which I brought with me - it ... Read more
i heard that Jamaica monteego bay is not say for samesex couple is that still true in 2014 planing a trip to montego bay this summer w... Read more