- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Colibri Review
Gregarious Joel Paladino is lovingly continuing a family culinary tradition with this little local spot in the island's northeastern reaches. You'll be impressed by the ocean views as well as the cuisine that his twin sisters prepare. Begin with deep-green callaloo soup with crab or delicious conch pie, then move on to grilled lobster with a christophine gratin (assuming you don't mind the splurge) or the rabbit baked with prunes (if you do). Some of the traditional creole dishes, such as stuffed pigeon with coconut sauce, conch fricassee, and cochon au lait (suckling pig), are favorites for Sunday lunch.
- Address: 4 rue des Colibris, Morne-des-Esses, Ste-Marie, 97220
- Phone: 0596/69-91-95
- Location: Martinique
- No dinner Sun. Closed Mon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $189 & Up: Karibea Squash 3-Star Hotel in Fort-de-France Expedia
- Fort-de-France Savings! Book at La Bateliere Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
We just finished filming a timelapse short of sailing in the Bahamas. Read more
Swimming pigs, friendly sharks, deserted cays, a cottage on the water and a boat with which to see it all. Read more
Looking to travel for our honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean. Read more