- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Bélem Review
To really experience Le Bélem, start with a cocktail in the super-chic bar lined with old black-and-white photographs of the island; a simple 'ti punch gets an elaborate presentation. At this special-occasion restaurant for the well-heeled, the innovative cuisine is served in a contemporary setting, with a bevy of servers who try hard to please. It's all definitely expensive, but the complimentary amuse-bouche may save you an appetizer. The menu changes seasonally: the latest favorite is the lobster medallions with local oyster mushrooms grown on cane mashed during the rum processing. The cassis sorbet and rosemary ice cream add unexpected flavors to the desserts. Although less glamorous, lunch at Campeche, the beach restaurant, is still a treat, and provides a more affordable alternative. It opens for dinner in high season. Hotel guests take breakfast at Le Bélem, and during the season, it's open seven nights a week.
- Address: Cap Est Lagoon Resort & Spa, Quartier Cap Est, Le François, 97240
- Phone: 0596/54-80-80
- Location: Martinique
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch. Closed some nights in low season.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 -- Punta Cana VIK Hotel, All-Incl. Garden View Room CheapCaribbean.com
- $156 -- Luxury Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, Save 55% Couples Resorts
- $2499 -- Cuba 6-Nt. Vacation w/Hotels, Tours & Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore
Had another great trip to Cuba. Read more
what are the best beaches to visit in the caribbean? Read more
I'm just starting to look for a place for a 4 to 5 day stay, or maybe a week mid February of next year for our first anniversary. Read more