- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Le Bélem Review
To really experience Le Bélem, start with a cocktail in the super-chic bar lined with old black-and-white photographs of the island; a simple 'ti punch gets an elaborate presentation. At this special-occasion restaurant for the well-heeled, the innovative cuisine is served in a contemporary setting, with a bevy of servers who try hard to please. A cylindrical wine "cave" is the dramatic focal point. It's all definitely expensive, but the complimentary amuse-bouche may save you an appetizer. The menu changes seasonally: the latest favorite is red snapper with lime crust, socca pancake, and eggplant cavier. Grand cru chocolate souffle with tonka beans, tangerine and cumbava sorbet, is an unexpected dessert. Although less glamorous, lunch at Campeche, the beach restaurant, is still a treat, and provides a more affordable alternative. It opens for dinner in high season. Hotel guests take breakfast at Le Bélem, and during the season, it's open seven nights a week.
- Address: Cap Est Lagoon Resort & Spa, Quartier Cap Est, Le François, 97240
- Phone: 0596/54–80–80
- Location: Martinique
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch. Closed some nights in low season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew to St. Read more
Heads up-I recently rented a jeep from Best Deal car rental, also known as Ace. Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more