- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Bélem Review
To really experience Le Bélem, start with a cocktail in the super-chic bar lined with old black-and-white photographs of the island; a simple 'ti punch gets an elaborate presentation. At this special-occasion restaurant for the well-heeled, the innovative cuisine is served in a contemporary setting, with a bevy of servers who try hard to please. It's all definitely expensive, but the complimentary amuse-bouche may save you an appetizer. The menu changes seasonally: the latest favorite is the lobster medallions with local oyster mushrooms grown on cane mashed during the rum processing. The cassis sorbet and rosemary ice cream add unexpected flavors to the desserts. Although less glamorous, lunch at Campeche, the beach restaurant, is still a treat, and provides a more affordable alternative. It opens for dinner in high season. Hotel guests take breakfast at Le Bélem, and during the season, it's open seven nights a week.
- Address: Cap Est Lagoon Resort & Spa, Quartier Cap Est, Le François, 97240
- Phone: 0596/54–80–80
- Location: Martinique
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch. Closed some nights in low season.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had the fortunate opportunity to spend nine days in Bermuda in early November. Read more
Just back from a wonderfully relaxing November getaway to Aruba. Read more
Could anyone recommend a place to study French in the francophone Caribbean? Read more
· News & Features
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more