- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chez Les Pecheurs
Chez Les Pecheurs Review
This is the kind of beach restaurant you search for but seldom find. It began when owner Palmont still made his living by fishing. Now Palmont's pink-and-blue boat is the best one bobbin'. People come for the fisherman's platter, the catch of the day (which could be loup de mer , flying fish, or marlin) with a special red sauce, ripe tomatoes, perfect red beans and rice, and lentil salad. Grilled crayfish can usually be had Thursday through Saturday. In fact, the best offerings are on the weekend; these might include the fricassee of octopus or conch, which are among the more expensive dishes. Bottles of Neisson rum are plunked in front of a table of the convivial groups of diners here. On Friday night, local bands play; they get everyone up and dancing in the sand.
- Address: Le Bord de Mer, Carbet, 97221
- Phone: 0596/76–98–39; 0696/23–95–59
- Location: Martinique
- No dinner Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had the fortunate opportunity to spend nine days in Bermuda in early November. Read more
Just back from a wonderfully relaxing November getaway to Aruba. Read more
Could anyone recommend a place to study French in the francophone Caribbean? Read more
· News & Features
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world. ... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more