- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Chez Les Pecheurs
Chez Les Pecheurs Review
At the sign of the billfish, you'll find the kind of beach restaurant you search for but seldom find. It's your basic "feet-in-the-sand" spot, but it's authentic and it opened when owner M. Palmont still made his living by fishing. Now Palmont's pink-and-blue boat is the best one bobbin'. People come for the fisherman's platter, literally the catch of the day (which could be loup de mer [branzino], flying fish, or marlin) with a flavorful red sauce, ripe tomatoes, perfect red beans and rice, and lentil salad. Grilled crayfish can usually be had Thursday through Saturday. In fact, the best offerings are on the weekend; these might include the fricassee of octopus or conch, which are among the more expensive dishes. Bottles of Neisson rum are plunked in front of a table of the convivial groups of diners here. On Friday night, local bands usually play; they get everyone up and dancing in the sand.
- Address: Le Bord de Mer, Carbet, 97221
- Phone: 0596/76–98–39; 0696/23–95–59
- Location: Martinique
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew to St. Read more
Heads up-I recently rented a jeep from Best Deal car rental, also known as Ace. Read more
I am trying to plan a vacation for my family (2 daughters in their 20s) for this summer in June. Read more
· News & Features
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Spending some time in Martinique and looking to enjoy a couple rounds at the poker table?... Read more