Nightlife & the Arts in Martinique
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To enter a casino, French law requires everyone to show a passport or license; the legal gambling age is 18.
There are lively discos and nightclubs in Martinique, but a good deal of the fun is to be had by befriending Martinicans and French residents and other expats and hoping they will invite you clubbing or to their private parties. For art openings and other cultural events, check with the Fondation Clément (www.fondation-clement.org), which runs the Habitation Clément, to see what's coming up. In addition to its art exhibits, the foundation throws some of the best parties on the island, which are a chance to toast and clink rum glasses with some of Martinique's leading citizens and culture mavens.
Browse Martinique Nightlife
Browse Martinique Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's