- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Martinique
The Romance: A magical sensuality infuses everything; it will awaken dormant desires and fuel existing fires.
Beautiful Beaches: A full roster of beautiful beaches will let you enjoy sun and sand.
The French Connection: Excellent French food, not to mention French music and fashion, makes the island a paradise for Francophiles.
Range of Accommodations: Hospitable, stylish small hotels abound; big resorts, too. Or play expat in a private, luxe villa.
Inviting Waters: The sea, Caribbean; the ocean, Atlantic—experience the water in a kayak or on a sailboat. Even a ferry works.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 -- Punta Cana VIK Hotel, All-Incl. Garden View Room CheapCaribbean.com
- $156 -- Luxury Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, Save 55% Couples Resorts
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Beach Trip w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore