Horseback Riding in Martinique
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Horseback-riding excursions can traverse scenic beaches, palm-shaded forests, sugarcane fields, and a variety of other tropical landscapes. Trained guides often include running commentaries on the history, flora, and fauna of the island.
Ranch Jack. Ranch Jack has a large stable of some 30 horses. Its trail rides (English-style) cross some beautiful country for
country for €38 for an hour and a half (to two); half-day excursions for €55 (inquire about transfers from
nearby hotels) go through the fields and forests to the beach. Short rides can range from €16 to €25. They also have a wonderful program to introduce kids ages 3–7 to horses. Morne habitué, Trois-Ilets, 97229. 0596/68–37–69 or 0696/92–26–58. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's