Golf in Martinique
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Golf de l'Impératrice Josephine. The 18-hole Le Golf de l'Impératrice Josephine is named in honor of Empress Joséphine Napoléon, whose birthplace, La Pagerie, adjoins this 150-acre track of rolling hills. Completely American in design, the par-71 Robert Trent Jones course comes with an English-speaking pro, a pro shop, a bar, and an especially good restaurant. (You can finish your visit here with foie gras or a full meal, being mesmerized by the turquoise waters all the while.)
The club offers special greens fees to cruise-ship passengers. Public greens fees are €30 for 9 holes and €45 for 18; a cart costs another €25 for 9, €40 for 18. Ask about weekly rates. For those who don't mind walking while admiring the Caribbean view between the palm trees, club trolleys (called "chariots") are €6 for 18 holes, €4 for nine. There are no caddies. Les Trois-Ilets, 97229. 0596/52–04–13.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe