Golf in Martinique
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Golf de l'Impératrice Josephine. Although it's named in honor of Empress Joséphine Napoléon, this Robert Trent Jones, Sr., course is completely American in design, with an English-speaking pro, a pro shop, a bar, and an especially good restaurant. The best hole on the course may just be the par-five 15th. Sandwiched between two good par-threes, the 15th plays to an island fairway and then to a green situated by the shore. (You can finish your visit here with foie gras or a full meal, being mesmerized by the turquoise waters all the while.)
The club offers special greens fees to cruise-ship passengers. For those who don't mind walking while admiring the Caribbean view between the palm trees, club trolleys (called "chariots") are €6 for 18 holes, €4 for 9. There are no caddies. Quartier la Pagerie, Les Trois-Ilets, 97229. 0596/61–05–24. €30 for 9 holes, €45 for 18; €25 for a cart, 9 holes; €40 for cart, 18 holes. 18 holes, 6640 yards, par 71.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's