Canyoning in Martinique
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bureau de la Randonnée et du Canyoning. Since 1995, the professionals at this company have been leading hikes that take in the island's gorge, canyons, and volcanic landscape. The tours also include some canyoning, which involves climbing up, down, in, and around rocky areas, which are usually near falls or along a stream. For this adrenaline rush, you must be fit and able to hike in the forest for hours. If you are not sure about that, book just the half-day trip, not the full day. These tropical adventures can take you to the Presqu'île du Caravelle, through canals, to Mont Pelée, even to the borders of the craters. Price depends on the destination and the duration. For example, a hike to Mont Pelée takes six to seven hours and is €35—should you want to test fate, that is. Joliment, Morne Vert, St-Pierre, 97226. 0596/55–04–79 or 0696/24–32–25. www.bureau-rando-martinique.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's