Kayaking in Martinique
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ecofriendly travelers will love skimming the shallow bay while paddling to bird and iguana reserves. Rent colorful fiberglass kayaks to explore the crystalline Havre du Robert, with its shallow pools (called fonds blanc), petite beaches, and islets such as Iguana Island.
Les Kayaks du Robert. You'll receive one of the island's warmest welcomes at Les Kayaks du Robert. After a memorable paddle through shallow lagoons and mangrove swamps chasing colorful fish, you can enjoy a complimentary glass of juice or planter's punch, all for €8 an hour or €14 per person for a half-day; a full day is €21. A guide is available with advance reservation. If you're going without a guide, ask how to get to various small islets, especially Iguana Island. Masks and fins are available and it's a joy to snorkel in the fonds blancs. Pointe Savane, Le Robert, 97231. 0596/64-33-93.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Fort-de-France Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
- Fort-de-France Savings! Book at Karibea Squash Fr $189+/Nt Expedia