- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you have a limited budget and need to get from Montego Bay to Kingston, Ocho Rios or Negril, book with the Knutsford Express, an air-conditioned bus with scheduled service. There are several departures per day.
The Southcoast Express, a luxury coach service, operates between Negril and Kingston. It leaves from outside Hi-Lo supermarket in Negril at 4:45 am and 4:15 pm daily, apart from Saturday, with a journey time of around five hours, including rest stops. Sunday departures are at 8:45 am and 4:45 pm. Fares are J$2,400 for same day travel or J$2,200 if purchased in advance. The coach also stops at other towns along the way.
Knutsford Express. Knutsford Express, an air-conditioned bus, offers daily scheduled routes between Kingston and Negril, traveling along the north coast, with stops in Ocho Rios, Falmouth, and Montego Bay.
Fares purchased at least a day in advance are J$2,250, or J$2,500 on day of travel. Pickups and drop-offs are not at the airports but leave from New Kingston, and Harbour Circle in Montego Bay. This is a safe and comfortable way to travel around the island. 876/971–1822. www.knutsfordexpress.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's