- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- off the beaten track
- difficult to get around without a car
- far from the Ocho Rios town center
Check Rates from our Partners
Lignum Vitae Review
Located on the historic Bromley estate, this bed-and-breakfast is set in the cool hills above Ocho Rios. It's a great place to get a sense of historic Jamaica, and the owners will help you explore the countryside. Bromley belongs to an old Jamaican family whose ancestor, Sir John Pringle, once owned vast estates across the island. You can breakfast on fresh fruit, homemade granola, eggs, and Blue Mountain coffee. There's a small pool with 300-degree views over the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Address: Bromley, Walkers Wood, Ocho Rios
- Phone: 876/917–2195
- Location: Ocho Rios
- 2 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My friends and I (three of us in our mid-twenties) just got back from our 5 day vacation to Jamaica! Read more
My family and I were on a cruise in July (2013) with a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Read more
My fiance and I are in the process of selecting a location for our wedding. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more