- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- off the beaten track
- difficult to get around without a car
- far from the Ocho Rios town center
Lignum Vitae Review
Located on the historic Bromley estate, this bed-and-breakfast is set in the cool hills above Ocho Rios. It's a great place to get a sense of historic Jamaica, and the owners will help you explore the countryside. Bromley belongs to an old Jamaican family whose ancestor, Sir John Pringle, once owned vast estates across the island. You can breakfast on fresh fruit, homemade granola, eggs, and Blue Mountain coffee. There's a small pool with 300-degree views over the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Address: Bromley, Walkers Wood, Ocho Rios
- Phone: 876/917–2195
- Location: Ocho Rios
- 2 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My family and I were on a cruise in July (2013) with a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Read more
Well I figured Id write a review about my first Jamaican trip. Read more
Me, my wife, our 2 year old son, along with 2 friends decided to rent a villa in Caribbean Islands. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more