- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hope Royal Botanic Gardens
Hope Royal Botanic Gardens Review
The largest botanical garden in the Caribbean, originally called the Hope Estate, was founded in the 1600s by an English army officer. Today it's often referred to as Hope Gardens and features areas devoted to orchids, cacti, and palm trees. The gardens are also home to the Hope Zoo Kingston.
- Address: Old Hope Rd., Kingston
- Phone: 876/927-1257; 876/970-3505
- Cost: Gardens free.
- Hours: Daily 6 am--6 pm
- Location: Kingston and the Blue Mountains
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $599 & up -- Jamaica Trip w/Air; Kids Stay Free, $490 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
Where do I begin????
Six of us spent the last week in September at Endless Summer (http://www.mysilversands.com/viewvilla.aspx?bklk=Nw==&subnav=silversands). My husband & I, with another couple Read more
Our biggest concern was the huge size of this resort, and that turned out not to be a problem. Read more
Hello my fiancé & I are thinking about getting married this July. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more