- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pelican Bar Review
One of the funkiest places in Jamaica to down a cold Red Stripe, this whimsical structure sits on stilts ½ mi (1 km) offshore between Treasure Beach and Black River, atop a small sandbar, and reachable only by boat. It has become a local legend and a mandatory stop for many visitors to the South Coast. The place serves platters of lobster and other fresh seafood for lunch and dinner. Floyde Forbes (who runs the bar) or one of the hotels of Treasure Beach and Black River can arrange boat transportation, although these short rides can be pricey.
- Address: St. Elizabeth
- Phone: 876/354–4218
- Location: South Coast
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My friends and I (three of us in our mid-twenties) just got back from our 5 day vacation to Jamaica! Read more
My family and I were on a cruise in July (2013) with a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Read more
My fiance and I are in the process of selecting a location for our wedding. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more