Pelican Bar Review
One of the funkiest places in Jamaica to down a cold Red Stripe, this whimsical structure sits on stilts ½ mi (1 km) offshore between Treasure Beach and Black River, atop a small sandbar, and reachable only by boat. It has become a local legend and a mandatory stop for many visitors to the South Coast. The place serves platters of lobster and other fresh seafood for lunch and dinner. Floyde Forbes (who runs the bar) or one of the hotels of Treasure Beach and Black River can arrange boat transportation, although these short rides can be pricey.
- Address: St. Elizabeth
- Phone: 876/354–4218
- Location: South Coast
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
i heard that Jamaica monteego bay is not say for samesex couple is that still true in 2014 planing a trip to montego bay this summer w... Read more
Just got back from Ocho Rios and had the pleasure of meeting Dean of Courtney Taylor Tours. We used Dean on three seperate occassions dur... Read more