- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Pelican Bar Review
One of the funkiest places in Jamaica to down a cold Red Stripe, this whimsical structure sits on stilts ½ mi (1 km) offshore between Treasure Beach and Black River, atop a small sandbar, and reachable only by boat. It has become a local legend and a mandatory stop for many visitors to the South Coast. The place serves platters of lobster and other fresh seafood for lunch and dinner. Floyde Forbes (who runs the bar) or one of the hotels of Treasure Beach and Black River can arrange boat transportation, although these short rides can be pricey.
- Address: St. Elizabeth
- Phone: 876/354–4218
- Location: South Coast
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My friends and I (three of us in our mid-twenties) just got back from our 5 day vacation to Jamaica! Read more
My family and I were on a cruise in July (2013) with a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Read more
Thanks to everyone that has helped in the past plan fun trips for two. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more