- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
The Hungry Lion
The Hungry Lion Review
A small but intimate restaurant with stylish decor, the Hungry Lion has long been a favorite restuarant on Negril's West End. You'll find an eclectic crowd gathered here to enjoy the excellent vegetarian fare and seafood, although there are also Jamaican jerk-chicken kebabs available. Try the Thai tofu, in which has chunks of tofu in a coconut-curry-and lemongrass sauce—you may be tempted to lick the plate. Other favorites include "shepherd's pie"—a spicy lentil stew topped with mashed potatoes—or Killer Shrimp, which are marinated and grilled in herbs and coconut milk. There is also a good selection of fresh juices. The good-health accent is set to the tune of world music, jazz and blues, and roots reggae.
- Address: West End Rd., Negril
- Phone: 876/957–4486
- Location: Negril
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My friends and I (three of us in our mid-twenties) just got back from our 5 day vacation to Jamaica! Read more
My family and I were on a cruise in July (2013) with a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Read more
My future husband and I are looking for a resort/hotel to have our wedding/honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more