- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Rockhouse Hotel Review
Attracting discerning travelers, honeymooners, and celebrities, this boutique hotel has its cottages and villas placed along a cliff. The rustic but stylish accommodations are built from rough-hewn timber, thatch, and stone, and each has a four-poster, queen-size bed. Lush, tropical gardens ensure privacy at every turn. There are steps down to the sea, with bridges over gaps in the cliffs, where the water has carved out spectacular caves. A highlight of Rockhouse is its spa, which is also open to the public, where you can indulge yourself in one of the treatment rooms or a cliff-side cabana. There is also a yoga deck and a saltwater pool that's for guests only.
Hip Trip Hangout
Negril, Jamaica is the Caribbean capital of casual and this great value resort blends an artsy touch of insouciance with a stylish splash of island cool. Rockhouse Hotel combines million dollar cliffside views with toes-in-the-sand relaxation, open-air showers, and thatched-roof simplicity. Stairs carved in stone lead the way from lush, palm-shaded grounds to reefside snorkeling. Views—especially favored at sunset—abound, from the horizon pool to the cliffside massage cabana to the terraced restaurants, where the dress code is unabashedly barefoot casual.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $170 -- Negril 'World's Best' All-Inclusive Resorts, 55% Off Couples Resorts
- $156 -- Luxe Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, Save 55% Couples Resorts
- $599 & up -- Jamaica Trip w/Air; Kids Stay Free, $490 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $100-$112 -- Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, up to 60% Off — $100-$112 Jewel Resorts
Where do I begin????
Six of us spent the last week in September at Endless Summer (http://www.mysilversands.com/viewvilla.aspx?bklk=Nw==&subnav=silversands). My husband & I, with another couple Read more
Our biggest concern was the huge size of this resort, and that turned out not to be a problem. Read more
Hello my fiancé & I are thinking about getting married this July. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more