Tennis in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Many hotels have tennis facilities that are free to their guests, but a few will allow nonguests to play for a fee. Court fees generally run $5 to $8 per hour for nonguests; lessons generally run $30-$65 per hour.
Half Moon. The most extensive tennis center in the area, Half Moon offers tennis buffs the use of 13 courts lighted for night play. There's also a resident pro and a pro shop. You need to buy a membership card if you're not a guest; a day pass is $40. North Coast Hwy., 7 mi east of Montego Bay. 876/953–2211. www.halfmoon.com.
Couples Sans Souci Resort & Spa. Couples Sans Souci Resort & Spa has two lighted tennis courts and a pro. North Coast Hwy., Ocho Rios. 876/994–1206. www.couples.com.
Manchester Club. For JS$1,500 per day per person, the Manchester Club opens its tennis courts to visitors of the many small properties in the area that don't have their own facilities. Caledonia Rd., at Ward Ave., Mandeville. 876/962–2403.
Couples Swept Away Negril. Couples Swept Away Negril offers 10 tennis courts as well as squash and racquetball and facilities for many other sports. Negril. 876/957–4061. www.couples.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's