Sailing in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dreamer Catamaran Cruises. Dreamer Catamaran Cruises offers sails on four catamarans ranging from 53 to 65 feet. The cruise (US$83) includes a snorkel stop and a visit to Margaritaville before the final leg of the cruise. There are foot massages for women, followed by dance instruction for all. Children are allowed on only the morning and sunset cruises. Cornwall Beach, Gloucester Ave., Montego Bay. 876/979–0102. www.dreamercatamarans.com.
With its long history of attracting an exclusive clientele, it's not surprising that Port Antonio is the island's top yacht port.
Errol Flynn Marina. This official national port of entry has 24-hour customs and immigration services. The 32-berth marina, reached via a deepwater channel, includes 24-hour security, an Internet center, a swimming pool, a laundry, and a 100-ton boat lift, and the only facility in the area which can handle vessels up to 600 feet. There are also scuba diving and other water sports attractions onsite. Ken Wright Dr., Port Antonio. 876/715–6044. www.errolflynnmarina.com.
Negril doesn't have the marinas of Montego Bay or Port Antonio, but the larger resorts here do offer Sunfish and Hobie Cat sailing; you can also find sunset and catamaran cruises just about every day of the week.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's