Mountain Biking in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jamaica's hilly terrain creates a challenge for mountain bikers, though there are easier rides, especially near the beaches and on the western end of the island. Heavy, unpredictable traffic on the North Coast Highway makes it off-limits for bikers, but smaller country roads and winding trails weave a network through the countryside.
Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours. This company takes travelers on guided rides in the spectacular Blue Mountains. The all-day excursion starts high and glides downhill, so all levels of riders can enjoy the tour. The trip ends with a dip in a waterfall; the package price includes transportation from Ocho Rios or Kingston, lunch, and all equipment. 121 Main St., Ocho Rios. 876/974–7075. www.bmtoursja.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's