Horse Racing in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In Kingston, a trip to the track is a popular afternoon activity for many residents. Although the capital city has the island's only track, you'll see more than 60 off-track betting parlors scattered across the island.
Caymanas Track. Races at this local favorite are usually slated for Wednesday and Saturday afternoons. Admission varies according to the event, but the air-conditioned North Lounge and Jockey Club both have an admission fee of J$600. These areas also have a dress code, which includes long pants and collared shirts for men, and no short shorts for ladies. Caymanas Dr., Portmore. 876/988–2524. www.caymanasracetrack.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe