Helicopter Tours in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Captain John's Island Hoppers. Departing from the domestic terminal of Montego Bay's Sangster International Airport, Captain John's Island Hoppers offers three helicopter tours of the Montego Bay area. The longest is the Western Showcase (US$1,280 for up to four persons), which flies as far away as Negril. The Memories of Jamaica tour (US$640 for up to four persons) travels west over the cruise pier and over Round Hill. On Montego Bay Ecstasy Tour (US$440 for up to four persons) you fly east over Rose Hall. Tours also take place in Ocho Rios leaving from Reynold's Pier and, by request, from Rodney Street in Falmouth. Sangster International Airport, Montego Bay. 876/952–1059. www.jamaicahelicopterservices.com.
Captain John's Island Hoppers (Ocho Rios). Just west of the small fort in Ocho Rios, Island Hoppers offers three helicopter tours of the region. The longest tour is the Jamaican Showcase (US$1,280 for up to four persons), circling over Spanish Town, Kingston, and the Blue Mountains. The Memories of Jamaica tour (US$640 for up to four persons) travels east to Port Maria for an aerial view of Noël Coward's and Ian Fleming's former homes. For diehard 007 fans, James Bond's Jamaica Tour (US$440 for up to four persons) provides a look at the sites made famous by the movies and novels. Reynolds Pier, Ocho Rios. 876/974–1285. www.jamaicahelicopterservices.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe