Four-Wheeling in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Open-air jeeps and ATVs are an exciting way for travelers to combine the experience of a guided tour with the thrills of an amusement-park ride. The fairly rugged landscape around Montego Bay adds to the fun.
Since most visitors to the island don't rent cars, it's not surprising that guided jeep and all-terrain vehicle tours are a popular option for travelers who want to combine some sightseeing with a little adventure travel.
Chukka Caribbean Adventures. Various guided tours are offered in the Ocho Rios area by Chukka Caribbean in a zebra-striped safari vehicle. The Dunn's River Safari Jeep Tour (US$96) takes you to Murphy Hill for a view of the city before continuing to a cattle farm, a small coffee plantation, and the famous falls. The Bob Marley Jeep Tour (US$95) visits the reggae star's birthplace in the community of Nine Mile. The company also has guided ATV tours for those 16 and older. The trip (US$91) takes you through Chukka Cove farm and past a historic sugar factory before heading to the beach for a dip. Ocho Rios. 876/619–1441 Digicel in Jamaica; 876/656–8026 Lime in Jamaica; 877/424–8552 USA. www.chukkacaribbean.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's